It's always interesting to see other people's work...

Two trivial things I noted in rope.leo, neither rope-related

1) you use a checkbox style for 'things to do' which I quite like

- [x]  a done item
- [ ]   a 'to be done' item, I presume (haven't seen one yet...)

I tend to use the following

   ooo  something to be done
    ¬¬¬ something completed

somewhere I have a command to change the 'o's' to the 'hook' character. The
hook looks a tiny bit like a tick mark...

2) your use of '---' as a headline prefix, to (I guess) make a top level
topic etc.

I may adopt something like that myself. I can't remember, is it possible to
mark headlines with icons of different kinds?
There may be a plugin involved ... in any case I like the use of ASCII
characters like this

I'd be interested to learn the conventions others use for these sorts of
things.

J^n