On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 4:11 PM Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The original reason for the PR was that ctrl-clicking, say, _MyClass
wouldn't work. The old code only searched for def _myClass, not class
_MyClass.  The new (simpler!) code tries more search patterns.

Oops.  I should have said, def _*M*yClass.

Also, I forgot to mention that the new code searches for assignments
(aliases) as well.  So ctrl-clicking _MyClass will find this assignment:

class AnotherClass:
    @others

_MyClass = AnotherClass

As before, the new code will conduct *alt searches* for defs.  For example,
if you search for open_with_file_name Leo will find the node containing def
openWithFileName.

Happily, the machinery to conduct alt searches is much simpler in the new
code.