Yes, I seem to recall that the followup notifications got tedious. I do
know a company who paid for their developers to use it ... I think this was
because they were not used to using git in the first place.

FWIW This is still IMO a great 'animated' git cheat sheet (click on the
'top level' locations):

    http://ndpsoftware.com/git-cheatsheet.html#loc=index;