I think that whether we can require pyqt6 should depend on whether it can
be installed on a particular flavor of Linux.  That didn't used to be the
case, but it may be now.  It is available on Ubuntu/XUbuntu, and probably
on most Ubuntu-derived distros.

*However,* Leo won't run after installing on Ubuntu until you install
something else.  The error message will be:

qt.qpa.plugin: From 6.5.0, xcb-cursor0 or libxcb-cursor0 is needed to load
the Qt xcb platform plugin.
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even
though it was found.

Here's the command needed to fix the issue:

sudo apt install libxcb-cursor0

I have some non-Ubuntu Linux VMs, and I'll check them for Qt6.