On Thursday, April 25, 2024 at 1:25:21 PM UTC-4 Thomas Passin wrote:

>From an architectural point of view, the current Leo editor widget could
get replaced by a widget with several child widgets (a tabbed widget is one
possibility), of which one is the current editor widget, and most keyboard
and mouse input will go to it no matter whether the text or rendering
widget is visible.  This plan would require minimal changes to the rest of
Leo's code.

Once we have such a widget,  VR3 could render right to it, just as it does
now to a log pane tab. VR3 may not be exactly what we want to end up with
in the long run, but going this route would very quickly give us a working
prototype to get experience with.  The approach is to make the rendering
widget in the new node display widget be VR3's rendering widget.