On 20-Dec-00 at 02:26, Ti Kan ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> A few anomalies.  Nothing major, but these should be looked at.
>
> I am testing a in-development new version of xmcd, linked with lesstif
> 0.92.5. When xmcd starts, lesstif outputs the following error messages:
>
> -------------------------
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   M
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   C
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   A
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   R
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   U
>
> Warning: Modifier or '<' expected
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   E
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   G
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   o
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   H
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   L
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   y
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   W
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   Y
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   C
>
> Warning: Unknown modifier name:   D
> -------------------------
>
> These are the result of xmcd setting the XtNaccelerator resource
> of various pushbutton widgets which are children of a popup menu
> (created using XmCreatePopupMenu), as well as the pushbutton widget
> children of some pulldown menus (created with XmCreatePulldownMenu)
> which are themselves submenus that are cascaded from the popup menu
> mentioned above.

If it's any consolation, I've seen the same sort of warnings from xmmix for
years. Start it from a WM menu and they disappear. Okay, so you just don't see
them :)

> Curiously, not all instances of setting the accelerator in these menus
> generate a warning.  Some didn't generate a warning.  However, none of
> the accelerators appear to work.
>
> The menus appear to work correctly when operated via the mouse, just
> not via accelerators.
>
> Moreover, if I use the mouse or keyboard traversal to cause the popup menu
> to appear, something appears to grab the keyboard in lesstif.  At this
> point even pressing ESC, which should pop down the menu, doesn't.  Neither
> does any other keyboard input have any effect (such as trying to use
> shift-ESC or ctrl-ESC to make the mwm window manager do stuff).

Does this freeze your whole session, or can you still get out of it using the
mouse??

> In fact, pushbutton accelerators seem to be non-functional in general
> when the label type is a pixmap rather than a string.  I thought this
> used to work to some degree in a previous lesstif version some months ago.
> All of xmcd's main window pushbuttons have pixmap labels and have
> accelerators, and even though they do not cause lesstif to produce a
> warning like the above, they don't work.  The xmcd keypad subwindow
> also has accelerators on pushbuttons with string labels, and those work.
> Mouse works, of course, and keyboard traversal works too.
>
> All this stuff work correctly when linked with OSF/Motif 1.2,
> and there are no startup warning messages of this sort.  I have not
> yet tried OpenMotif 2.1, but will soon.
>
> Another minor difference I observed with lesstif, is with the form dialog
> widget.  With OSF/Motif's libXm, the form dialog will appear in a location
> that is centered over its parent widget the first time it's managed/mapped.
> With lesstif's libXm, the form dialog always appears at the upper left
> corner of the screen under the same circumstance.  I am running OSF/Motif's
> mwm window manager in all cases, if that matters.

I've seen this in some other apps. Is your dialog being created _before_ its
parent is realized??