Rick Scott writes:
> > Yes.  Xmcd creates all its widgets, calls XtManageChild on them (except
> > for those forms dialogs that are not supposed to be visible), and then
> > realizes them all at the same time.  Later, when I want to make a
> > form dialogs appear, I then call XtManageChild on it.
>
> When you do that we are having trouble getting the transientFor resource set
> properly on the dialog. Somewhere we need to be setting a realized
> callback/event handler on the parent so that we can set the resource properly.
> Personally, I create all of my dialogs in the callback that is going to manage
> them, and I see no problems of the sort.

That's well and good, but IMHO if Lesstif wants to be truly Motif
compatible it should behave the same and not require special workarounds
in the application.

-Ti (author of xmcd, xmmix)
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 //////  http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/
///