On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 04:14:15PM +0100, Gerd Moellmann wrote:
> Alexander Mai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Well, now that I get this emacs/LessTif starting up on my
> > linux-alpha box I have to state that it doesn't really work ...
>
> I'm afraid Emacs isn't 64-bit clean at present (it seems to work more
> or less on some 64-bit systems, but not on others, some things
> apparently depending on endianess.)  There are a lot of known things
> which should be fixed for getting this right.  Alas, this job is too
> big to be fixed in 21.1.

That's no problem:
we're also not fully ready for 64bit :-\
Well, actually a couple of obvious problems has been
addressed already (mixing up int vs. pointer type, etc. - though
even this kind of problem is not fully gone probably),
I suspect we have some low-lying ones still.

Any real testing now WRT emacs&LessTif should be done on
a platform on which LessTif is known to work well.
Unfortunately I prefer to test things first on the alpha-based
machines here around, since they're much faster than my
i86 boxes ...

--
Alexander Mai
[EMAIL PROTECTED]