On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 01:03:42PM +0100, Gerd Moellmann wrote:
> Rick Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I haven't yet got into this very deep, but a few things concern me right off
> > the top in lwlib-Xm.c.
> >
> > The first is the use of XtSetValues on XmNsensitive all over the place. Take a
> > look at the Core man page, XtSetValues is _not_ the way to do this. Motif may
> > be silently compensating for this error, LessTif is certainly not.
>
> Rick, what is the right way of doing this?  I'm afraid I don't have
> the Core man page.  Is it right to call XtSetSensitive(3Xt) instead?

Citing a manpage ("Core") from DU 4.x:

  XmNsensitive
            Determines whether a widget receives input events.  If a widget
            is sensitive, the Xt Intrinsics' Event Manager dispatches to the
            widget all keyboard, mouse button, motion, window enter/leave,
            and focus events.  Insensitive widgets do not receive these
            events.  Use the function XtSetSensitive to change the sensi-
            tivity argument.  Using XtSetSensitive ensures that if a parent
            widget has XmNsensitive set to False, the ancestor-sensitive flag
            of all its children is appropriately set

--
Alexander Mai
[EMAIL PROTECTED]