The programmer's html doc included in LessTifExtensions-8.0.8 says:

"Activate Callback: This callback is called whenever an item is opened,
or if an item is explicitly closed"

"Highlight Callback: Called when any item is highlighted"

By playing with the demo, I found that "Activate" happens when one
clicks on an item icon, or double-clicks on the item text. No surprise
here.

"Highlight", however, is much more obscure :-) A single click on item
icon or text, *does* also highlight the item, but the callback is *not*
called. SHIFT-click highlights *one more* item, i.e. allows multiple
discontinuous selection; CTRL has no effect. Dragging the mouse with
left button down causes multiple continuous selection.

The difference in behavior with XmList is extremely annoying. For the
application for which I'm considering ListTree, I can accept, and would
even prefer, single-selection, but it seems one has to use
highlightCallback itself to enforce that policy. Am I correct?

More generally, would it not be a Good Thing to have the same "feel" on
ListTree and XmList?

--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Rue Margot, 37  B-1457 Nil St Vincent