Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
Stage 2 is done. The second set of logs (from the first alphabetical build) are in my home dir.

And the last system is built. All the logs are in my homedir. The diff produced between the logs of the first alpha and the logs of the alpha_from_alpha are surprisingly much bigger. Though this might be because I forgot to tell jhalfs to run the testsuites on the first and second builds.

In any case, I'm going to try to make this alpha_from_alpha a working system and build my usual go of BLFS packages on it. I'll report if I find anything unusual.

--
JH

I just found a problem. I tried building arts and got this...

autom4te: need GNU m4 1.4 or later: /tools/bin/m4
autoheader: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1
make[2]: *** [arts_export.h.in] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/sources/arts-1.5.0/mcop'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/sources/arts-1.5.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

It seems the /usr/bin/autom4te script is looking for m4 in /tools/bin. m4 needs to be moved up to the beginning.