On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 05:14:03PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> >   I'm about to do an almost [1] "by the book" build (-j1, keep static libs
> > until
> > the end of chapter 6 which should at least make more of the ld tests
> > pass) so I rebuild my kernel to add CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG=y.  Disaster :
> > /dev/sda showed up with no partitions, all my partitions previously
> > on /dev/sda were now in /dev/sdb so the root= line had become
> > invalid, and /etc/fstab would be invalid if I'd managed to boot.
>
> That's better than I got.  I had consistent panics during boot.
>
> >   Does using CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG=m let the tests work ?  (i.e. will the
> > module be loaded automatically when util-linux runs its testsuite ?).
>
> That worked for me.  I got it to pass all the tests.  But note that it
> needs some packages beyond LFS.  I don't recall which at the moment.  I
> did not do the root tests in chroot, but after I rebooted.
>
>    -- Bruce
 The non-regression tests show all 0 tests passed.

 Of the regression tests, all 113 are shown as passing, but of those
many have IGNORE (not root permissions) and mcookie reported 'cannot
open /etc/services: No such file or directory' before 'OK'.

 I suppose I can run it as root now I'm in chroot - will report back
if it doesn't trach the system.

ĸen