On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 03:09:43PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  The non-regression tests show all 0 tests passed.
>
>  Of the regression tests, all 113 are shown as passing, but of those
> many have IGNORE (not root permissions) and mcookie reported 'cannot
> open /etc/services: No such file or directory' before 'OK'.
>
>  I suppose I can run it as root now I'm in chroot - will report back
> if it doesn't trach the system.

 Can't type - s/trach/trash/

 But running make check as root in the existing util-linux directory
just rebuilt a load of things for the non-regression tests (and
still all 0 tests passed) then showed

./tests/run.sh with various args including --non-root

and that was followed by:

Ignore utils-linux test suite [non-root UID expected].

 So, I think I need to reconfigure util-linux to run the root tests.
But I'm not quite sure what that will gain, and this build is heading
towards 'production' status (building xorg-server at the moment).
No, seriously, I think the util-linux page still needs some more
explanation.  At the moment, we only seem to run non-root tests.
I'm fine with that, but I wonder if non-root tests really need
SCSI_DEBUG ?

ĸen