On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 03:49:33PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 02:35:35PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> >> Ken Moffat wrote:
> >>
> >> Enable cramfs in the kernel. Also minixfs.  Make mtab a file. <rm
> >> /etc/mtab && touch /etc/mtab)
> >
> >   The minix test(s) skip without reporting a failure.
> >
> >   Umm, we changed mtab from a file to a symlink some time after this
> > April :-)
>
> Yes.  I meant just for testing and then switch back.

 Yes, on reflection it would be really nasty to have a real
/etc/mtab updated if running the tests as root.

But ...

 I've now got to the end of chroot on my i686 system where
SCSI_DEBUG is NOT set.

root in chroot /#  grep PASSED \
/logs/LFS-7.4-i686-1/chroot/util-linux-2.23.2.log.check | tail -n 1
  All 113 tests PASSED

root in chroot /# zgrep SCSI_DEBUG /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG is not set

 At the moment we do not encourage people to run the util-linux
tests as root.  I'm fine with that, but we don't need to worry about
SCSI_DEBUG.  Perhaps expand the Warning from

 To run it, the kernel CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG
 To run it as root, the kernel CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG

 and list the other BLFS packages, also mention about mtab and point
to the docs ?

 When I first saw the Warning I thought it was necessary to set
CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG to run the tests at all.  Now that I know it
isn't, I can understand that the current text doesn't say that.
But if I made that mistake, I'm sure someone else will.

ĸen