On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 11:30:35AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> :)
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2017-08/msg00082.html

Yeah, I saw that.  So I thought I would try building glibc-2.26 with
gcc-2.26, and (of course) it failed the same way.  Which prompts me
to ask:

(i) what versions of gcc are the glibc developers using ?

and

(ii) I suspect that we might have to change our build for glibc-2.26
(or, worst case, accept that building from scratch is now
unattainable).

I note that few people are using glibc-2.26 : neither gentoo nor
Arch.  I'm sure that fedora *claim* to be using 2.26, but they seem
to have their own tags in glibc.git, and also I think they didn't
rebuild everything for their recent release.

ĸen, beginning to think building from scratch is coming to an end,
except when we can match random git/svn versions of everything.
--
I live in a city. I know sparrows from starlings.  After that
everything is a duck as far as I'm concerned.  -- Monstrous Regiment