> ĸen, beginning to think building from scratch is coming to an end,
> except when we can match random git/svn versions of everything.

It's certainly a struggle and I had to take a step back and install
debian on my laptop (the previously mentioned build machine) because
of random failure like unusable sound and myself in too heavy
commitment to a major personal time drain (disability related taxation
benefit that I'll meet my medical doctor on the 15 of September to
submit what amount to a PhD dissertation).

To get back on the subject, it's been over two years that I tend to
notice a lot of oddities that I couldn't fix in a moderate amount of
time in built from scratch distros (Gentoo, Funtoo included).

Alain