On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 05:07:32AM +0000, Ken Moffat via lfs-dev wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 11:09:06PM -0500, Jean-Marc Pigeon via lfs-dev wrote:
> > Bonjour Ken
> >
> Bonjour, Jean-Marc
>
> > May be that can help you.
> > https://okrepo.safe.ca/osukiss/8.4/isos/LFS-8.4-1.23.3-rescue-x86_64.iso
> > This is a bootable ISO with LFS within.
> > can be used to install or to rescue.
> >
> > To get an USB bootable,  I just  dd the ISO file to the USB device.
> > (This ISO is fresh from today, I am tring to stay in pace with
> > LFS CVS version  ;) ).
> >

> Thanks, might try that tomorrow (for some value of 'tomorrow' - I'm
> still in "Tuesday").

It burned ok, but for me it is useless.  The important item in my
subject is UEFI.  Your iso only creates one partition (UEFI sticks
have at least two, one of which is for EFI).

Thanks anyway, it looks as if Fedora29 will be what I use (a bit
hard to be sure, I only used the Live version and that lacks root so
I could not correct the keymap), but first I've got to go back to
windows and shrink the C: drive.

And eventually I foresee a lot of exasperation for me in trying to get
a useful kernel config ;-)

ĸen
--
The beauty of reading a page of de Selby is that it leads one
inescapably to the conclusion that one is not, of all nincompoops,