On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Andrew Benton wrote:

Micheal E Cooper wrote:
I have followed the book directions exactly, not customizing anything. I
am using LFS 6.1, the stable version. My host system is FC4 default

LFS-6.1 won't build on Fedora Core 4. Try a different host or try building the development version of LFS
Andy

Ah, yes. Micheal could also try the testing book (destined to become 6.1.1), which certainly builds on a (LFS-svn) host running gcc-4.

Ken