Ah, thank you all very much for the prompt information. While I do enjoy
experimentation, I think I should use the stable version, because this is
my maiden voyage with LFS. I will boot from the LiveCD, get X up in 1024,
and then just leave the power on until I finish making the LFS system.

I am sure that using the LiveCD will prevent any future possible
interferences with the host system, so in the end, the process will go
faster.

If I am not mistaken, I could go back to the FC4 host when my /tools are
all done and working right? I will have a separate dev environ from FC4 up
and running in /tools, so if I needed to, I could move back to the host
system after /tools are finished, right?