This happened to me once before (except it was the letter e I
believe).  The most likely culprit is a missing or corrupted
/etc/inputrc file.  Look at Ch. 7.8.  Make sure that the "" quote
marks are there in your file.  I use a US keyboard, so I always skip
it, but check your configuration in Ch. 7.6 as well.

Someone with more experience here could probably give you more
guidance, but this is the simplest solution I think.

Yeah, after double checking it, there was a missing # in front of one comment. I am using a US keyboard, so I skipped 7.6 too.

Thanks,
IraqiGeek