Quoting Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > Warning - Slackware <10 has problems acting as a build host. For your
> > first build you may want to consider a better host distro
>
> He's using Slack 10.2.  Why is that a problem?  I've never heard this before.

Well, although I really like Slack 10.2 as an everyday distro, I'm not
particularly anal about using it as a host system. After reading various
messages in the mailing list archives, I reckon the choice of a host system is
the first crucial decision, since some distributions seem to be a problem here.

What I'd like eventually is a basic One-CD-distro that builds LFS out of the
box. I know that there is a LiveCD, but I'll often reboot during breaks to do
30 minutes or an hour of LFS there and then, and I think a host system
installed on hard disk would come in more handy than a LiveCD where I have to
reconfigure xorg.conf after every reboot. (Or can the LiveCD be installed on a
hard disk?) Besides, I reckon a LiveCD eats up some resources, at least RAM.
Correct me if I'm wrong here. Precious resources needed for compiling.

Now I wonder how Debian Sarge qualifies as host distro for LFS 6.1.1.. Takes 10
to 15 minutes to install and configure on a modern system, plus I already have
the CDs. (Please don't say Ubuntu. Ubuntu hates my hardware, and I hate
Ubuntu/o|) Anyone has experience with that?

Cheers,

Niki