From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dan
Nicholson
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 1:26 PM
To: BLFS Support List
Subject: Re: alsa not working on A91SAM9261EK

On 3/7/07, Janesh Ramakrishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> alsamixer was run, and the sound unmuted for PCM, with volume controls set
> using the down and upper arrows on the keyboard. But running aplay doesn't
> result in sound being produced. Versions of Alsa-Utils, Alsa-lib and
> alsa-driver: 1.0.13.
>
> Any ideas on what could be going wrong ?

No, but two utilities that can help debugging are amixer and
speaker-test. amixer is deprecated for configuring the card, but you
can use it to dump out the current setttings in a visually unambiguous
way. speaker-test is just nice for testing sound because you don't
have to keep a file around. It will just give you some tones to listen
for.

I would start by looking at the output of `amixer' so that you're
confident the controls are setup correctly. More than one user
(including me) has failed to setup the device correctly through
`alsamixer'. I plan to put this info into the book at some time.

--
Dan