Hi, I had a similar problem and the solution was to recompile the kernel
with the correct driver for the hard disk. In my case the hard disk was a
vmware partition. In your case seems that the kernel can't read the hda1. If
you can, try to do an lspci and look for what HD you have than check you
kernel conf file if the driver is set =yes.
Hope helps.

Simone