2011/7/25 Bill Cunningham <bill...@suddenlink.net>

> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/glibc.html
>
>    This case 'uname -m' and so on text is not working for me. Where should
> this configparams file be created. It's not being created anywhere for me.
>
> Bill

According to the book, the file should be on the directory
glibc-build, where you are supposed to be.
Also, make sure that you're using backticks ( ` ) and not another
symbol. If you don't know where they are on your keyboard, you can use
the construction $() instead. Thus, the case code will be:

case $(uname -m) in
  i?86) echo "CFLAGS += -march=i486 -mtune=native" > configparms ;;
esac

Greetings,

Juan.