On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Bill Cunningham <bill...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
>    Ok. It's there. I have solved this problem. And another has arisen. I am
> running an old RH 9 32 bit OS on a AMD athelon 64 bit address bus processor.
(FYI: It's spelled Athlon, not Athelon.)
The OS that you are using is not adquadate for building LFS 6.8. The
book recommends a host system that is like or newer than LFS 6.3,
which is dated around late 2007. Redhat 9 was released around 2003 or
so, and that tells me right there that your host system is way too old
to build on.

While you could contune building, I'd recommend going and downloading
the latest version of the Knoppix LiveCD (or LiveDVD if you prefer)
from http://www.kernel.org/pub/dist/knoppix/. There is help at
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-info/index-en.html, and be sure to look
at the cheatcodes for Knoppix.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.

and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman

--
Are you a Gmail user? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?31450.