----- Original Message -----
From: "Alain Toussaint" <secur...@videotron.ca>
To: "'LFS Support List'" <lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:12 AM
Subject: RE: glibc

Bill,
Do you have a dvd burner in that machine? How about trying a recent
livedvd to build LFS instead of using RH9 which is quite old?

In my case, I will use the gentoo livedvd and I verified that it contain
recent version of all the utilities needed to compile LFS (it does) and is
available in both 32bit and 64bit.

    I don't particularly care for fedora. I do have a gentoo DVD burn and
the LFS live cd. But the development tools I am using on the RH9 are pretty
up to date such as m4 make-3.82 new indent and gcc-4.6.0 and binutils-2.21.

Bill