Thank you so much Bruce...
I proceed to expect 5.45 now !!!!
But, I got two test fails as follows. Is this normal?

*==== expect-1.8b default remove null behavior FAILED*
*==== Contents of test case:*
*
*
*    spawn cat $filename*
*    expect ab*
*    set rc [regexp $expect_out(buffer) "ab"]*
*    wait*
*    set rc*
*
*
*---- Result was:*
*0*
*---- Result should have been (exact matching):*
*1*
*==== expect-1.8b FAILED*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*==== expect-1.9 match null inline FAILED*
*==== Contents of test case:*
*
*
*    spawn cat $filename*
*    remove_nulls 0*
*    expect a\u0000b*
*    set rc [regexp $expect_out(buffer) "a\u0000b"]*
*    close*
*    wait*
*    set rc*
*
*
*---- Result was:*
*0*
*---- Result should have been (exact matching):*
*1*
*==== expect-1.9 FAILED*
*
*
*logfile.test*
*via sendvia send_uservia send_stdoutvia send_ttypid.test*
*send.test*
*spawn.test*
*stty.test*
*all.tcl:        Total   29      Passed  27      Skipped 0       Failed  2*
*Sourced 0 Test Files.*
*Files with failing tests: expect.test*

Cheers
Pei

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> JIA Pei wrote:
> > Hi, Thank you Chris.
> > Thanks for your reply. I now understand a bit more about why we need
> > Binutils Pass 1 and Pass 2.
> >
> > However, I still prefer using Binutils 2.23.1, does that mean I'll have
> > create my own patch for Binutils-2.23.1??
> > Are you planning to afford the patches to all newest needed packages?
>
> Just use the development book if you want to use the latest packages.
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/
>
>    -- Bruce
> --

Pei JIA