On Sun, August 23, 2015 21:35, Steve Crosby wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 7:40 AM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> MD5 support appears optional. I've only downloaded the tar.gz direct
> from github (latest release), but setting CRYPT, NETTLE and GCRYPT to
> no in the Makefile (as well as CAP and IDN) compiles fine (barring a
> complaint trying to use git), and running ping produces desired
> results.

> +TARGETS=ping tracepath tracepath6 traceroute6 clockdiff rdisc arping

Hello,

I tested this for our current CLFS updates to iputils s20150815 update.

I've verified the following from what was posted earlier with the diff:

USE_GCRYPT=no
USE_NETTLE=no
USE_CRYPTO=no (set to shared and doesn't need to be no)
USE_CAP=yes since libcap is in the base build. If not desired set to no.

TARGETS="ping tracepath tracepath6 traceroute6 clockdiff" (can keep the
others if required)

For the documentation, the installation of nsglms sgmls and docbook2html
resulted in documentation not being built because of one of the new
packages installed.

I went to an older host, our real old CLFS server, and built the
documentation fine.

The above changes, with the built documentation, can be included all in a
patch for building iputils.

Also, ping and ping6 are now merged into ping. ping4 and ping6 can also be
links to ping and ping will be ran appropriately for IPV4 and IPV6. Look
at the RELNOTES file in the source tree for more information.

For more information, you can view what I've done so far with our ticket
regarding iputils:

http://trac.clfs.org/ticket/1066

Sincerely,

William Harrington