On 02/03/2018 11:56, miguel caldas wrote:
Hi,

When I trieed to create the tools symlink this way:

ln -sv $LFS/tools /

I always got a error message telling that "ln: failed to create symbolic link '/tools': File exists". The only way I found to circumvent this was to give the create symlink command in the following way:
ln -sv $LFS/tools/ "link_name"
where "link_name" was something I created
My question is this, will this symlink creation format impact future steps of LFS? Can I leave as it is or must I create it exactly as it is on the book?

Short answer: yes. Don't deviate from the book.

Long answer:
The error message you get is fairly clear: /tools already exists, so you cannot create it again... You should try to know what /tools is. A possible command: "file /tools". If it is a symbolic link pointing to $LFS/tools, you are done. If it is not, remove it, then run the command as told in the book.

The instructions in the book have been thoroughly tested, and are known to work. We may not be able to help you if you deviate from the book.

regards
Pierre