miguel caldas wrote:
Hi,

When I trieed to create the tools symlink this way:

ln -sv $LFS/tools /

I always got a error message telling that "ln: failed to create symbolic link '/tools': File exists".

That's because /tools exists. You probably ran the previous command (mkdir -v $LFS/tools) as root without the variable LFS defined for the root user.

See the caution on page 2.6. Setting The $LFS Variable

  -- Bruce