On 2018-06-11 20:21 -0400, Michael Shell wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 23:13:29 +0800
> Xi Ruoyao <r...@stu.xidian.edu.cn> wrote:
> > Now we use CONFIG_EFIVAR_FS (y or m), instead of CONFIG_EFI_VARS,
>
> Do you know if efibootmgr will autodetect (at run time) between the two kernel
> interfaces (and if this is a recent feature, what version starting supporting
> that)? AFAIK, they both can be enabled at the same time.

efibootmgr uses the library from efivar for /sys/firmware/efi/efivars.
I searched "efivarfs" in the Github repo and found the commit to add efivarfs
support:
https://github.com/rhboot/efivar/commit/5b175a55d53c5d0f44e3636802fc7dc3fe7549a6

It was released in efivarfs-0.4.

> As you mentioned, EFIVAR_FS is a more modern interface, but it does
> require that a special efivarfs filesystem be (re)mounted r/w:
>
> mount -o rw -t efivarfs efivarfs /sys/firmware/efi/efivars

Yes.  Systemd mounts efivarfs automatically.  But with sysvinit we should mount
it manually, or in /etc/fstab.
--
Xi Ruoyao <r...@stu.xidian.edu.cn>