HI,

I hope that some one can help me..
This is the 8th time i restart LFS building from chapter3 !!

The problem starts to appear in chapter6.7 (Linux-4.12.7 API Headers)
(/tools/bin/gcc file doesnt exist error)

The problem is explained in details here :
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-support/2016-
February/049686.html

So, I restart from chapter5 and when I reached to  section 5.10. (GCC-7.2.0
- Pass 2) , I tried to check the linking of /tools/bin/gcc   using the
command

$readelf -l /tools/bin/cc | grep "interpreter"
--The result :
[Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld-linux.so.2]
__________________________________
The path for my lfs usr :  $echo $PATH
--The result :   /tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
__________________________________
The environmental variables for lfs usr : $env|sort
--The result :
HOME=/home/lfs
LC_ALL=POSIX
LFS=/mnt/lfs
LFS_TGT=i686-lfs-linux-gnu
OLDPWD=/mnt/lfs
PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
PS1=${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h:\w\$
PWD=/home/lfs
SHLVL=1
TERM=xterm
_=/usr/bin/env

So,what is the reason of this problem ?
and what is the solution for this problem ?

--

Mohamed Dawod
Computer Engineering Department