> What is the output of "ldd --version | head -n1" on the host system?

result : ldd (GNU libc) 2.26

In Section 5.7. Glibc-2.27. does the output of the check in the caution
> block give "/tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2"?
>
> In section 5.10. GCC-8.1.0 - Pass 2, does the output of
> the check in the caution block give "/tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2"?  I see
> from the above, tha tit does not, do the problem is before is in the
> initial packages.  Do not do beyond 5.10 until the output of the above is
> correct.

All checks that are mentioned in the book  had passed successfully !!
even the last check in section 5.10 gives the output as in the book!!!

The PS1 variable above is confusing. When you change to the lfs user, (su -
> lfs), the startup file .bash_profile should set PS1 to "\u:\w\$ '.  The
> debian_chroot should not show up in PS1.

this is my .bash_profile :  exec env -i HOME=$HOME TERM=$TERM PS1='\u:\w\$
' /bin/bash

--

Mohamed Dawod
Computer Engineering Department