On Mon, 06 Aug 2018 19:52:52 +0800
Xi Ruoyao <xry...@mengyan1223.wang> wrote:

> No.  /tools/lib/libquadmath.so.* is useless now.  After "6.10
> Adjusting the Toolchain" the default dynamic linker should have
> been changed to /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 instead of
> /tools/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2.  Then it should search /usr/lib,
> not /tools/lib.
>
> MPFR configure script add "-lquadmath" if

   Xi,

Good catch! But, I think what threw me (and Hazel) off is why does
the MPFR build process attempt to link against libquadmath in the
first place? After all, as you said, libquadmath won't be available
(in /usr/lib) until after gcc is (re)installed in step 6.20.1

So, MPFR's configure detects libquadmath (in /tools/lib) and then
links its tests against libquadmath, but those tests later fail
because the dynamic linker is set to link from what is in /usr/lib?

In short, does the presence or absence of libquadmath affect the actual
libmpfr.so or just its test executables - that without libquadmath the
tests would not be linked against it and yet they still work fine?
Does it affect, say, the number of tests that are done? Depending
on the answer here, there may be a case for reinstalling MPFR again
after gcc.

  Cheers,

  Mike