> You are correct.
>
> "echo "int main(){}" > dummy.c &&
>     cc dummy.c -Wl,--verbose | grep SEARCH | sed 's/; /\n/g' "
> still points to /tools/lib.
>
> I saved a copy of /tools and /sources before starting chapter 6.
>
> Can I exit chroot and delete certain folders, stay in chroot and delete
> certain folders, stay in chroot and delete all the contents or is there
> another option?
> I should be able to restart Chapter 6, right?

Please stop top-posting, not having seen the relevant reference annoys people
here.  I know, my email client wants to do that too, but it's really easy
enough to reposition.

Now then, it would seem that with prudent backups along the way one should be
able to "surgically" remove what's wrong and pick it up at just the right spot.
 Been there done that, as have we all, but it's a waste of time.  You'll be
miles ahead by blowing it all away, restoring just the /tools backup, if you
got it all and at the right place, and starting Ch6 from scratch.  This time
you might consider putting all the book's instructions for each package in a
script you can quickly and rerun error-free.  That is a time saver.

--
Paul Rogers
paulgrog...@fastmail.fm