Am 27.10.2018 um 18:56 schrieb Ken Moffat:
try to untar and configure a small package
(one which uses configure, obviously).  If that reports that the C
compiler cannot create executables then one of those suggestions
seems to apply.
hi Kenn,

/tools is not more present in my LFS. I did ./configure on "lynx2-8-8" and I got "checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables" So I started to look for libelf, as you wrote, and voila, I found that for some reasons I had moved this files from the original place. After putting them back, the compiler started working normal.

Thank you very much for your help. Without your hint , I would probably not found how to proceed !

Kind regards,
Edgar