On 2020-06-20 20:10 +0200, Frans de Boer wrote:
> Looking at the config.log, I see that libc_cv_slibdir is set to /lib.
> However, libdir is automatically set to /lib64. I did specified in the
> past this --libdir, so there was no problem - most likely because lib64
> was just a link to lib.
> I tried again with adding --libdir=/lib too, instead of assuming that
> things work automatically. To no avail.
>
> The only thing what is placed under /usr/lib is the directory getconf.
>
> I attached the config.log file. Maybe have to include it textually if
> the attachment is not accepted.

> configure:2009: loading site script /usr/share/site/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

I think it's the smoking gun!  If I read the configure script correctly it seems
environment variable CONFIG_SITE is set to this file. But shouldn't it be
cleared by /home/lfs/.bash_profile?  Well it could be set again by
/etc/bash.bashrc, in some distros.  Pity.

We've discussed this in Nov. 2019:
http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2019-November/053270.html

Frans could you verify or dismiss my theory?  Simply use a "echo $CONFIG_SITE".
I assume your host distro is OpenSUSE (by searching the kernel version string)
and I'll investigate it a little.
--
Xi Ruoyao <xry...@mengyan1223.wang>