> Please do not top post to the mailing list.
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean.

I copy pasted from HTML version, double checked before executing, and besides binutils compilation ran fine.

Here's the result from version-check.sh:

bash, version 5.0.3(1)-release
/bin/sh -> /usr/bin/bash
Binutils: (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.31.1
bison (GNU Bison) 3.3.2
/usr/bin/yacc -> /usr/bin/bison.yacc
bzip2,  Version 1.0.6, 6-Sept-2010.
Coreutils:  8.30
diff (GNU diffutils) 3.7
find (GNU findutils) 4.6.0.225-235f
GNU Awk 4.2.1, API: 2.0 (GNU MPFR 4.0.2, GNU MP 6.1.2)
/usr/bin/awk -> /usr/bin/gawk
gcc (Debian 8.3.0-6) 8.3.0
g++ (Debian 8.3.0-6) 8.3.0
(Debian GLIBC 2.28-10) 2.28
grep (GNU grep) 3.3
gzip 1.9
Linux version 4.19.0-13-amd64 (debian-ker...@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #1 SMP Debian 4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28)
m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.18
GNU Make 4.2.1
GNU patch 2.7.6
Perl version='5.28.1';
Python 3.7.3
sed (GNU sed) 4.7
tar (GNU tar) 1.30
texi2any (GNU texinfo) 6.5
xz (XZ Utils) 5.2.4
g++ compilation OK

On 08/01/2021 11:45, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
On 1/8/21 4:32 AM, coolnodje wrote:
Thanks for your answer.

I may be wrong but I think the error indicates that it /doesn't recognize/ the flag `--disable-libstdcxx`

Anyway I copy pasted the configure flags from the manual, and i double checked, it was included in the configure directive.

Please do not top post to the mailing list.

What is the output from the version-check.sh script?

Also, where are you copying from?  Do not copy from the .pdf file if you are using that.  It does not copy the backslash/end-of-line sequence properly.

  -- Bruce