On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 11:32 AM Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/8/21 7:36 AM, coolnodje wrote:
> >  > Please do not top post to the mailing list.
> > I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean.

As a fellow gmail user, it helps to point out that Google makes it almost
certain that new people will top-post. It's really not our fault. It's hard
for us gmail users to notice the "..." at the bottom of the email, then to
know that we are supposed to click on it, then we are supposed to go to the
bottom of the newly-expanded text, and type our reply THERE. We don't even
*know* we are top-posting due to the user interface Google provides.

I keep wondering if it would be possible to adjust whatever software
manages these mailing lists and implement a simple anti-top-posting
feature... could it automatically reformat top-posts to be bottom-posts? I
am a software developer, and I hereby volunteer to help if I can. I just
don't know who has the authority here to support such a change.