On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:31:58AM +0400, Anatoly Nenashev wrote:
> On 28.03.2011 09:20, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>> [...]
>> While both these comments are valid, I really hope that they don't
>> intimidate potential contributors from participating. I guess Anton
>> wants to submit his code for both FFmpeg and Libav, but doesn't bother
>> enough to maintain two versions of his patch. These issues really
>> shouldn't a reason to scare him off of nor to reject his patch, and I
>> hope this is also Anatoly's understanding!

I don't care if Anatoly makes the change or whomever commits his patch,
I just want to point out the issue, at least as a reminder to the person
pushing the patch.

That said, I would prefer to Libav in the license header.

> I really don't care what project name will be pointed in license header
> but I don't know the right way to submit patch for both projects.
> Well, I can change license header in Libav thread. How it will be
> cherry-picked to FFmpeg or I should make two versions of patch?
> Did you have any agreements with FFmpeg developers about such things?

They cherrypick or merge our changes.  80-90% of the changes going into
FFmpeg originate in Libav these days.

Diego