Quoting Luca Barbato <lu_z...@gentoo.org>:

On 10/01/2012 03:55 PM, Peter B. wrote:
I've removed unused pix_fmts from my patch (0-padded RGB, for example)
and added entries in pixdesc.c. It compiles correctly, so I assume
there's no syntax error at least.

Thanks, you are missing few bits in swscale, though.

Yes, I just looked at the patches committed for adding YUVA and saw that there are more files involved. Sorry. As I said: I'm not really aware of the code layout of ffmpeg/libav.

I also took the liberty to resort some entries to have their lower
bitsize first. e.g.: YUV bits-per-component: 8, 9, 10, 16 - YUV444 for
example had it ordered in reverse.

the order in the enum can't be changed ^^;

Oh. ABI reasons?
Didn't think about that. Sorry.

I'm rebasing old patches supporting some pixel formats and possibly I'll
have a look at ffv1 to see what really changed.

That would be great! Thank you very much!
With FFv1.3 it's not only about additional colorspaces, but the main features of the new version include multithreading (=slices), CRC and aspect ratio support.
But of course, take a look for yourself.

The main question regarding rgb with more than 10 and less than 16 is
where it is used.

This was added due to a request from the national film-archive for converting scanned film from DPX with >8 (but <16bit) bit-depth to FFv1.

Thank you very much,
Pb