On 9/16/2016 6:06 AM, Eric Reichert wrote:
On 9/16/16, 8:30 AM, "Libav-user on behalf of Carl Eugen Hoyos"
<libav-user-boun...@ffmpeg.org on behalf of ceffm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The streams I’m working with are of the Annex B variety. I would have expected that the rtp specification for H.264
     requires the video stream not to be in this format, am I
     wrong?
Can you provide such a stream (or even better a patch
     to FFmpeg that allows to create a stream so a possible
     fix can be tested)?
Carl Eugen

RFC 3984/6184 do not prescribe Annex B.  The old version of our software has to
convert the 3984/6184 formatted H.264 into the Annex B format in order for (the
ancient version of) FFMPEG to decode the video.  That is, the old version of
our software parses the RTP, reassembles the NAL Units from the fragmentation
units, and adds the start codes before submitting the NAL units to the decoder.

Does that answer your question?  It could be that I don’t understand the
question or the specs well enough.

As far as providing a stream, I can provide tons of network captures carrying
streams of that type.  How shall I get them to you?

Regarding a patch, it would be months before I could get anything submitted.
My C skills aren’t great and I don’t know the FFMPEG codebase that well.

By the way, thanks for the help and your continued work.  You’ve got a tough
job answering all the questions.

Why dont you just add a packet type 96 to the sdp file? forming the sprop-parameter-sets is not too difficult.

you could also optionally use a third party lib for networking and do the demux yourself and just use av_codec for decoding.

Andy