On 06/11/2015 06:07 PM, Alex Bligh wrote:

> On 11 Jun 2015, at 08:12, Simon Walter <si...@gikaku.com> wrote:
>
>> If the application I'm writing can benefit from prepared statements, I
>> would like to eventually either add that feature to libdbi or I may have
>> to use something else in the future.
>
> Not much use I know, but I can confirm it doesn't support prepared
> statement currently. You might consider APR, i.e.
>
> http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/2.0/group___a_p_r___util___d_b_d.html

That looks like an awful lot of nice C code. Thank you for the tip!

Looking at projects that use APR, many seem to include the entire thing
in their code base. I'm guessing that one of the drawbacks is that APR
comes with a lot of baggage so to speak.

Have you used both libdbi and the database bits of APR? Is there any
advantage to using libdbi compared to APR?

Simon