Hi,

"dead" is relative here. It is unfortunately pretty much true that I was
not able to put much of an effort into further development of libdbi,
although there were a couple of bug fixes in the past couple of years. I
don't mean to whine, but sometimes life takes unexpected turns, and in
my case they're 6 and 3 years old now. Needless to say, this, and a new
position with extended responsibilities, caused a shift of priorities
that won't do my software projects any good. I'd hate to see libdbi die
of inactivity, but it is hardly possible to sleep less than I did in the
past couple of years just to do some extra programming. And I apologize
if I was not able to tend to questions on the lists in a timely fashion.

Regarding the original posters question: you can certainly use libdbi on
Linux and just about any unixish platform. This includes Cygwin
(http://www.cygwin.com), a library which provides a Unix-like interface
to Windows. To the best of my knowledge there is no native Windows port
available which would allow you to use it in native Windows
applications. Source code is available from a git repository at
SourceForge:

https://sourceforge.net/p/libdbi/libdbi/ci/master/tree/

Documentation of the dbi interface is here (the Programmer's Guide is
what you want):

http://libdbi.sourceforge.net/docs.html

regards,

Markus

On 2018-12-29 03:25, Simon Walter was heard to say:

> Hi Pabitra,
>
> I asked a question on this list in 2015 and there has been no activity since
> then. I didn't get an answer to my question. So I assumed that the project is
> pretty dead. There is support for prepared statements. So I ended up using
> APR DBD. The documentation is alright. Though I did find myself digging into
> the source to understand a few things.
>
> I haven't used it on Windows, but the whole point of the APR is cross
> platform usage.
>
> https://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/1.6/group___a_p_r___util___d_b_d.html [2]
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Simon
>
> On December 28, 2018 4:28:42 PM UTC, Pabitra Dash via libdbi-users
> <libdbi-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Good day.
>> I have following queries.
>>
>> -As libdbi provides standard C abstraction, Can I use it in Windows and
>> Linux platforms?
>> -From where can I get DbiXX detail documentation and source code of the
>> same?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pabitra

Markus Hoenicka