Actually, I think it almost *only* applies in the US.  I know you said you
were only talking about security, but since you bring up warrants...

Because of that, I'd recommend Riseup over Google for most activists
outside the US.  Whereas Google may not do the legwork around resisting an
order from say, the Indian government (I'm intentionally choosing a
middle-ground country; I suspect Google would go to bat for a Chinese
activist at this point), Riseup doesn't have to think about that.  They
have no reason to respond to a legal order from a country in which they
have neither servers nor employees.

Just wanted to be clear about that, for the sake of the list.

--
*+1-857-891-4244 |** jilliancyork.com | @jilliancyork *

"We must not be afraid of dreaming the seemingly impossible if we want the
seemingly impossible to become a reality" - *Vaclav Havel*

If you would like to receive a daily digest, click "yes" (once you click above)
next to "would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?"

You will need the user name and password you receive from the list moderator in
monthly reminders. You may ask for a reminder here: