When I said "MONOLITHIC" I wasn't referring to all departments or
agencies inside government, or even less to individuals working
therein, but rather to "the effect."

If the US government starts a war, it doesn't matter if 49.99% opposed
it. It's still going on and people get killed. For those people, and
their "circles," the US government is MONOLITHIC.

If a person residing in the US, Verizon's customer, gets "detained" by
the FBI, and "subsequently harrassed and disappears," for all affected
the Government is MONOLITHIC.

A single shot, and bang: you're dead (or, worse yet, "being killed
however softly they choose")

It's like "binary code:" either ONE or ZERO. No grey zone.
Best Regards | Cordiales Saludos | Grato,

Andrés L. Pacheco Sanfuentes
<a...@acm.org>
+1 (817) 271-9619