Hi,

> See that's the standard you're competing with. Most users don't own
> server space, physical or virtual, and would not in a million years
> be convinced to buy any.

and if you have your own server (not at home), they can go after you
with legal assistence regimes like in the cybercrime convention (Art. 19
and 32)* or informal deals with your hosting provider or like UKUSA. Do
you or anybody really think, that a normal, sold server in a remote
location protect you, if you are a target? Only in a locations outside
these eg. all legal regimes. I believe, that a broad adoption of a 2nd
infrastructure/layer as with I2P, Freenet or Tor is more needed as the
usual user recognize... perhaps now ;)

* <http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/en/Treaties/Html/185.htm>

--
Katana