On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 10:46:35AM +0200, Georg Koppen wrote:
> On 05.08.2013 10:15, Nadim Kobeissi wrote:
> > Now, we find out that the FBI has been sitting on an exploit since an
> > unknown amount of time that can compromise the Tor Browser Bundle
>
> is that really so? See:
> https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2013/08/04/investigating-security-vulnerability-report/
> first comment.

Specifically, it would appear that the TBB updates we put out on
June 26 addressed this vulnerability:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/new-tor-browser-bundles-and-tor-02414-alpha-packages

My preference here is increasingly that we should finish
and then make TBB 3.x the new default:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-browser-bundle-30alpha2-released

(Apparently this means breaking support for Win XP until somebody fixes
that:
But hey, there are worse things to do than that.)

--Roger

--
Liberationtech list is public and archives are searchable on Google. Too many