Nadim expresses hurt because he feels, I think I echo him, he does not have
the same degree of confidence from his community that Tor has.  But Nadim
is less well funded, one person, and his style is straight out of hacker
tradition, which means brash, direct, efficient, confrontational, frank --
"it is better to ask forgiveness than ermission" -- which comes off as rude
and unprofessional to many non-hackers, and is something increasingly the
community has to deal with as we mainstream.  Sometimes, we are just rude
and testy, and who can tell the difference?  But good communications tend
to work it out.

SN

--

Shava Nerad