> Forgive me, but I'd like to ask a question here.
> Tor is a tool that is undeniably, directly marketed toward activists in
> high-risk environments. Tor's presentations at conferences centre around
> how Tor obtains increased usage in Arab Spring countries that matches the
> timeline of revolutionary action. It's incredibly direct. Tor's own
> spokespeople encourage people in Iran, Egypt and so on to use Tor and only
> Tor as the most secure tool for activist anonymity, and privacy.
> Now, we find out that the FBI has been sitting on an exploit since an
> unknown amount of time that can compromise the Tor Browser Bundle, which is
> currently the main way to download Tor and the only way to download Tor for
> the average end-user, and is deploying it en-masse to the visitors of what
> seems to be around half of all Tor hidden services, which have also been
> compromised
> I've gotten quite some flak from certain people at Tor for supposedly
> marketing Cryptocat to activists, which is not something I do, but that the
> media did last year. We know for a fact that Tor does in fact market to
> activists*. And yet, I have a feeling that the flak towards Tor, for
> something this incredibly huge, will be quite small, on this mailing list
> and on other discussion forums, especially compared to the kind of vitriol
> Cryptocat receives.**
> I would like an explanation as to why this is the case.*
> NK

Forgive me but I would like to answer a question here.

The reason, since you ask, Nadim, is that it is because you are a
contentious person who attacks people relentlessly who you feel are rivals,
whether they are Tor or Silent Circle, or anyone else in the landscape.
 You go after them to wear them down, with some attitude that you are some
crusader for good, when in reality, you are just going after people to wear
them out with the same points over and over again because you want to be
seen as better than they are.  It seems to be about ego and stamina.

Vitriol is what you produce, Nadim, and so it is what you invite when
something erupts in your own vicinity.  That's karma.  Look what you are
laying in terms of land mines for when something comes up for your own
stuff?  Think about it.  You are being relentless, and  you are taking time
away from emergency response from people who are strapped for time right
now.  It's not sane.

Everyone here observes this, so it's just not an ad hominem, and you ask
for an answer so I can't possibly be called on for answering the question.
 And I'm sure there are others here who will, *in the interest of peer
counseling,* tell you that your attitude is not helping you.  You will find
that if you learn to mellow out and ratchet down a bit, you will get more
out of the community back in return.

And this is why you get no respect from the community for CryptoCat --
because you extend no respect to the people in your same space.  You get
back what you give.  This is a basic law of the universe.

Now that I have answered your original question, will you please stop
talking in circles?  I suspect a great many people are tired of it, and it
is not serving anyone in the long term.  It does not serve"justice," nor
"the users," nor the future of your project, and I do not think it is not
serving your reputation.

Thank you.

yrs,
--